duminică, ianuarie 3

enchained by freedom

Remember that time when I felt so vast, like an ocean? I felt like I could discover millions of things that would float out of the depths, things I could never throw out of myself and show to the world. I was like an ocean that was suddenly disturbed by something writhing deep inside, I was restless and unpatient to spit it out.
But I was wrapped in that freedom. It chained me. It was a freedom that shouted "Let me embrace you, or you will lose me forever!". I was so restrained by that sudden freedom, that fear took over me, and I let it go. It was a false freedom, but it was so strong, that I mourned the loss for a long time.
It is now that I realize that freedom is free. You don't know when it embraces you, and when it does, you don't even feel like you need it anymore. Because it's a freedom that makes you feel safe.
I couldn't force myself to be free that moment.
I don't regret it. Maybe I would've ruined something inside of me.
I still feel like something deep, deep down doesn't work properly. But whatever is ill, it would come up to the surface eventually, and I would find the cure. But I am no longer eager and restless. It may come up when it pleases. That'll be the right time. No need to rush things up.
This is real freedom. Feeling ok with yourself.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu